The Albright athletics department held its annual Awards Banquet on Monday, May 8 at Stokesay Castle. Along with honoring the top student-athletes, special awards were handed out to the best and the brightest for the 2016-17 academic and athletic year.
Three-time all-conference and 1,000-point scorer Shannon Thomas earned the Abram Karlip Outstanding Senior Female Award, and 19-time All-MAC men’s swimmer Ken Richardson earned the award on the men’s side.
The other award winners are:
• Outstanding Freshman Female Athlete Award – Mara Trifoi, Women’s Tennis
• Outstanding Freshman Male Athlete Award – Teag Culver, Men’s Swimming
• Neal Harris Academic Excellence Award – Madalyn Greth, Volleyball; Ken Richardson, Men’s Swimming/Men’s Tennis
• SAAC Sportsmanship Award – Hayley Joyce, Women’s Lacrosse; Derek Stump, Men’s Lacrosse
• Red and White Award – Emily Sousa, Women’s Soccer; Tom Vazzana, Men’s Basketball
• NCAA Woman of the Year Award – Meghan O’Brien, Women’s Soccer
• Memorial Prize of the Class of 1926 – Suzanne Kuhrmann, Women’s Soccer; Johnni Cassano, Football
• Eugene Shirk Award – Perrin Ryal, Cross Country/Track & Field; William Garay Montero, Cross Country/Track & Field
• Derek Kehoe Memorial Award – JaVaughn Patterson, Football
• Abram Karlip Outstanding Senior Female – Shannon Thomas, Women’s Basketball
• Abram Karlip Outstanding Senior Male – Ken Richardson, Men’s Swimming/Men’s Tennis