Kelchner Field has been the home to the Albright Lions baseball team since 1947 and features a new and improved look as the school prepares to kick off the 2018-19 academic year this week.
Thanks to a number of key donations, there were over $500,000 worth of improvements made to Kelchner Field in a project that began in December of 2017. A press box, 200-seat spectator area, storage area and restrooms were built at the facility and the renovations were unveiled as part of a ribbon-cutting ceremony that was held at the field in April.
Albright College alums Robert Jones, Kenneth Gross and John Scholl were honored by the baseball program for their contributions to the project.
Kelchner Field is named after Charles (Pop) Kelchner who was the first coach in program history and coached the Lions from 1897-1918.