The following guidelines are for planning for use of the green screen opportunity in the BCTV studio. Please direct any questions to our staff at any time, we are excited to be learning this new technology with you!
- No more than THREE people can be on the set for a show that uses green screen
- Host and guests must avoid wearing ANY clothing with green or it will blend into the background picture(s)
- Our current green screen capabilities are for people on the set to be sitting (preferably behind the tables). Wide shots of people standing or sitting that show the floor will ruin the effect.
- Producers may supply pictures of their choice for the green screen backdrop image. Jpeg images of 3200 X 2400 pixels (or larger) will be fine.
- One main background picture can be used for the wider, 2 or 3 person shot, and either side of that picture can be cropped and positioned by BCTV technicians to appear behind single camera shots of the host and guests.
- Background pictures should not depict words or numbers, since that will make it very difficult to ‘match’ the single shot backgrounds with the wider shot of the set.
- Background pictures should not be too bright, or ‘busy’ so as to distract the viewer from seeing the people on the set.
- Allow TWO weeks for BCTV staff to work with the images to ensure the set looks right before your show.
- Feel free to consult with BCTV staff regarding any of the green screen process.