Become a part of our team, informing and involving citizens through community media!
Title: Social Media Coordinator
Send resume and cover letter to Executive Director, Heather Adams [email protected] by January 25, 2019.
Job summary: This is a part time position – 15 hours per week. The Coordinator must be able to work independently in facilitating the digital distribution of community media content. The coordinator is responsible for archiving daily video content online and populating multiple digital platforms.
Essential Job Functions:
- Timely daily upload and organization of fresh video content onto platforms including but not limited to bctv.org and YouTube. This includes writing compelling descriptions and selecting useful tags to optimize SEO returns.
- Scheduling of content sharing across multiple social media platforms in a well-designed schedule, with clear and engaging posts, appropriate tags.
- Management of social media campaigns for events, fundraisers, and public participation.
- Review and evaluate comments and engagements and maintain an active online presence for the organization.
- Building and scheduling the daily email blast in Constant Contact.
- Create and gather photo and/or creative content for social media.
- Review and compile analytics for multiple platforms on a monthly basis for Board Report.
Minimum requirements: High school diploma or GED certificate is required. Bachelor’s degree or work experience in digital media, marketing or communications is preferred but not required.
Abilities required: Willingness and ability to take direction in a concise and courteous manner, ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects, acute attention to detail, grammar, and spelling, ability to process information with speed and accuracy, ability to conceptualize campaigns, ability to work as part of a team.
Personal qualities: Friendly, flexible, creative, open-minded, non-judgmental, forward-thinking, detail-oriented.
Helpful experience: Microsoft Office, YouTube, social media platform management, Constant Contact.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed and as the scope and mission of the organization transitions over time.