The Schuylkill River Greenways National Heritage Area is stepping into the New Year with a transformed website that includes new, mobile-friendly features such as an interactive Schuylkill River Trail map.
Schuylkill River Greenways no longer has a separate Schuylkill River Trail website. The renovated “schuylkillriver.org” now encompasses what was once two sites into a single site with bonus features. Anytime there is a “Trail Alert” such as a closed section, the information will appear in a bright red caution strip at the top of every page.
The schuylkillriver.org homepage starts the journey to discovery. From the home screen, users can visit “The River Store” where items such as the award-winning “A Paddler’s Guide to the Schuylkill River Water Trail,” can be purchased directly from the website.
Make sure to visit the following sections!
- The “Schuylkill River Water Trail” page includes maps of the river from the water trail user guide.
- Visit the “Schuylkill River Trail” menu item for information about towns along the trail, trails that connect, and sites accessible from the SRT.
- The “Conservation” page on the website informs users of the challenges to river health. It also includes information about the Schuylkill River Restoration Fund
- The “Programs & Projects” page is the place to visit to learn about Schuylkill River Greenways’ annual events such as the Schuylkill River Sojourn.
- This section also has a subpage called “Current Trail Projects” which gives details about ongoing works in progress.