The Berks County Parks and Recreation Department will welcome new volunteers on Tuesday, February 5 at 9:00 a.m. and Saturday, February 9 at 1:00 p.m. at the Berks County Heritage Center, 1102 Red Bridge Road, Bern Township, for an informational training session.
Volunteers are critical to the operation of the parks department and anyone interested in any aspect of volunteering is encouraged to attend. Opportunities include:
- serving as tour guides for the Gruber Wagon Works and the Hiester Canal Center
- festival and special event planning
- visitor assistance
- customer service at our Snack Bar and Country Store
- archival and collections work
- maintenance and trail work in all parks including the Angora Fruit Farm
at Antietam Lake Park.
There are short and long-term volunteer opportunities available for various schedules throughout the year.
This program is presented by the Berks County Parks and Recreation Department. For more information, call 610-374-2944, visit www.countyofberks.com/parks or find us on Facebook and Instagram under Berks County Parks and Recreation.