Thursdays | 10 AM – 2 PM EBT ACCEPTED – RAIN OR SHINE – #LOVEMYMARKET
Celebrate National Farmers Market Week! And Celebrate Health + Wellness – Mind. Body. Soul…
The goal of Wellness Day at the Market is to get you thinking about your own health + well-being! We know the featured community resources & businesses at the Market will be offering information, resources, & practical applications of healthy habits for you to begin making positive changes in your life and households.
- Blue Mountain Academy Farm
- Bog Turtle Creek Farm
- Bountiful Berks Stand
- Kula Kamala Food4All
- The Loving Spoonful
- Country Lane Poultry & Produce
- Gourmand Cafe
- Mi Casa Su Casa
- Pagoda Apparel
- Taqueria Comālli
- The Food Trust
- Berks Community Health Center
- Downtown Wellness Berks – Local Community Health Collective
- Play.Grow. Reading
- LGBT Center of Greater Reading
- Maternal and Family Health Services/WIC
- Planned Parenthood
- Progressions Behavioral Health Services, Inc.
- Reading Area Community College
- Reading Hospital Community Wellness Department
- Visions Federal Credit Union
10 AM, 11 AM, 12 PM, 1 PM:
- Breathing for Wellness w/ Kula Kamala Foundation | 10 minute sessions on mindful breathing
- Cooking Demos w/ The Food Trust
10:30 AM, 11:30 AM, 12:30 PM, 1:30 PM:
- Moving into Wellness w/ Kula Kamala Foundation | 10 minute sessions on a simple posture anyone can do to revitalize during the day
11:30 AM to 1:30 PM: Jake & DJ on the Main Stage
Ongoing: I <3 Farmers Market temporary tattoos
|Full Calendar for Aug. 8|
Berks Farm Bucks: Connecting the Fresh Food Network in the City of Reading!
Shoppers can take advantage of a variety of seasonal Pennsylvania fruit and vegetable options as we enter the month of August! How can you take advantage of the Berks Farm Bucks?
- Participate in a Food Trust nutrition and cooking demo to receive $4 of Berks Farm Bucks (2, $2 Farm Bucks).
- Shop with your FMNP checks (WIC + S-FMNP) – every $5 check, receive $4 of Berks Farm Bucks (2, $2 Farm Bucks).
- Shop using your ACCESS card at participating vendors – for every $5 spent using SNAP, receive $2 of Berks Farm Bucks (1, $2 Farm Bucks).
Learn More About Berks Farm Bucks
Parking – It’s Easy and Plentiful!
One of the things that makes the Penn Street Market so special is its central location in downtown Reading. We understand that its central location can make it challenging when deciding where to park. Luckily, there are several affordable options available near 5th & Penn Streets, including street parking, parking garages, & parking lots.
The closest garage is located at 4th & Cherry Streets – see the map for proximity to the Market.