Reading – There is still time to register for a free Aging Parent Conference on Thursday, Sept. 5, at Muhlenberg Middle School, 801 E. Bellevue Avenue. The conference is hosted by Sen. Judy Schwank (D-Berks).
The conference is aimed to serve the adults who already are caring for their elderly parents, those preparing to care for their parents and anyone planning for their own future. The itinerary includes panel discussions with experts in eldercare, legal and financial issues. Each session is designed so that attendees can get answers to questions they have.
Session titles include:
- Ask the Experts: Advice in Legal, Financial and Health Issues
- Dementia Live
- Comprehensive Veteran Benefits Presentation
- Veteran Benefits Q&A Session
- Alzheimer’s 101: What you Need to Know
- Medicare Overview
- What are Wills and Medical Directives?
- Elder Abuse Awareness
- Applying for State Aid: Medicaid and Waivers Explained
- Community Health Choices Overview
- The Difference Between Hospice and Palliative Care
- Medicine Management
- Ten Tips to Minimize Family Caregiver Stress
- Choosing the Right Level of Care
- Applying for Pharmaceutical, Rent and Tax Assistance
- What the Berks Area Agency on Aging Can Do For You
When: Thursday, Sept. 5, 2019, 6-9 p.m.; doors open at 5:30 p.m.
Where: Muhlenberg Middle School, 801 E Bellevue Ave., Reading
What: Aging Parent Conference
Who: Conference includes presentations by the Pennsylvania Hospice and Palliative Care Network; the Berks County Department of Veterans Affairs; Physicians from Tower Health; Berks Encore; the Berks County Area Agency on Aging; Pennsylvania Department of Human Services; the Delaware Valley Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association and others.
More information/register: www.senatorschwank.com/agingparent