READING, PA – Join Berks County Community Foundation and the Association of Fundraising Professionals Berks Regional Chapter for an engaging day of professional development for nonprofit leaders and fundraising staff.
A Bright Idea! Nonprofit Leadership & Learning Conference will be held from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, October 24, 2019 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Reading, 701 Penn Street, Reading, PA 19601.
Registration is available at bccf.org.
Registration for nonprofit leaders from Berks County is available at half price ($75) thanks to a grant from Berks County Community Foundation. Leaders from other communities are welcome to attend at full price ($150).
- Alec Ross, author of The Industries of the Future and former Senior Advisor for Innovation to the Secretary of State during the Obama Administration. Alec will kick off the day with a talk about ways artificial intelligence and other advances will impact the nonprofit sector. Alec has been named one of the Top 100 Global Thinkers by Foreign Policy
- Penelope Burk, founder and president of Cygnus Applied Research, Inc. Penelope will share insights during lunch from her more than 45 years of experience surveying and researching the donor experience. She is the author of Donor-Centered Fundraising and its companion book, Donor-Centered Leadership, a critical resource for boards of directors, chief executive officers and advancement directors on how to implement donor-centered fundraising and manage staff for optimum productivity.
- Angela Park, an independent consultant, researcher, and writer who has dedicated herself to making social justice and equity hallmarks of progressive advocacy, policymaking, philanthropy, and business. She helps mission-driven organizations embed social justice and equity throughout their work, bringing three decades of experience on sustainable development policy, environmental justice, equity and diversity, and organizational and leadership development. She will close the day with a compelling look at the Five Generation Workplace.
The conference will also feature these hot-topic breakout sessions led by industry professionals:
- Storytelling in a Digital Age, led by Julia Campbell, digital marketing consultant and author of Storytelling in a Digital Age: A Guide for Nonprofits.
- Planned Giving, led by Steve Grourke, senior vice president for advancement and alumni relations at The American College of Financial Services.
- Protecting Your Organization from Fraud, Hacking, and Data Mining, led by Kai Pfiester, chief security architect, Black Cipher.
- Assessing and Managing Risks to Your Organization, led by Kevin Murphy, president, Berks County Community Foundation.
- The Well-Led Organization and Board, led by Kim Fraites-Dow, president, Girl Scouts of Eastern PA.
A Vendor Fair will feature businesses that can help your organization succeed.
Seating is limited, so register today by visiting bccf.org.