Commuter Services celebrates excellence and commitment to PA employees
YORK, PA — Commuter Services of Pennsylvania, in partnership with the National Center for Transit Research (NCTR) at the Center for Urban Transportation Research (CUTR), has identified eight (8) employers in the region deserving of national recognition as “Best Workplaces for Commuters” in 2020. The BWC program offers national accreditation for those employers offering exceptional commuter benefits to their employees and for outstanding promotion of Transportation Demand Management techniques that reduce traffic congestion and emissions thereby improving regional air quality.
“Commuter Services of Pennsylvania is absolutely thrilled to have several employers from south central Pennsylvania meet the stringent requirements for this national recognition to gain Best Workplaces for Commuters Status in 2020” said Matt Boyer, Executive Director. “These employers have spearheaded exceptional efforts to implement TDM programs thereby placing additional disposable income in the pockets of their employees while enhancing the quality of life in the workplace and bettering the environment as a whole.”
Commuter programs include carpooling/vanpooling programs, transit benefits, teleworking, flexible work schedules and access to an Emergency Ride Home program. These benefits illustrate the company’s commitment to the employees but also to the regional pollution reduction, greater economical savings related to commuting costs and reducing employee stress.
The employers receiving recognition include:
- Comcast (Harrisburg, PA)
- DHL Supply Chain (Newville, PA)
- Doubletree (Reading, PA)
- ES3 (York, PA)
- Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories (Lancaster, PA)
- Mastronardi Produce (Jonestown, PA)
- Vantage Foods (Camp Hill, PA)
- WebFX (Harrisburg, PA)
For more information on “Best Workplaces for Commuters” visit www.bestworkplaces.org.
ABOUT COMMUTER SERVICES
Commuter Services of Pennsylvania’s funding is provided by the Federal Highway Administration through PennDOT and the region’s metropolitan planning organizations (MPO). The Board includes:
- Capital Area Transit, Lebanon Transit, Monroe County Transportation Authority, Schuylkill County Transportation System, South Central Transit Authority and Central Pennsylvania Transportation Authority.
- Adams, Franklin, Harrisburg (Cumberland, Dauphin and Perry counties), Lancaster, Lebanon, NEPA (Schuylkill, Carbon, Monroe and Pike counties), Reading and York MPOs.
- The Carbon Chamber & Economic Development, the Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC; the Gettysburg Adams, Greater Chambersburg and Lebanon Valley Chambers of Commerce; Greater Reading Chamber Alliance, Lancaster Chamber of Commerce & Industry and the York County Economic Alliance.
ABOUT BEST WORKPLACES FOR COMMUTERS
Best Workplaces for Commuters is the national authority on recognizing and assisting workplaces that provide exceptional commuter benefits to employees. More than a recognition program, Best Workplaces for Commuters provides the necessary support needed to create and sustain an employer-provided commuter benefit program, including online assessment tools, case studies, tool-kits, webinars, and training. The Best Workplaces for Commuters program is managed by is managed by the National Center for Transit Research at the Center for Urban Transportation Research.
For more information: http://www.bestworkplaces.org