Spring Senior Student-Athlete Spotlight
Joy Campbell has been an integral part of the Albright Track & field teams for the past four years as a sprinter. Campbell qualified for two 2019 MAC Outdoor Championship relay teams, both of which finished in the top-10. It was the second time in her collegiate career that she was a member of two separate relay teams that qualified for MAC Outdoor Championships with the first coming in 2017. Campbell has also put together solid individual performances during the indoor season as well, qualifying for MAC Indoor Championships for all four seasons.
Hometown: Holtwood, Pa.
- Competed in sprints
- Member of 4×400 relay team that finished 10th at 2019 MAC Outdoor Championships
- Finished second in 400 meter dash at 2017 Muhlenberg College Indoor Invitational
- Member of 4×400 relay team that finished first in the 2017 Crusader Invitational
- Finished third in 400 meter dash at 2019 LVC Indoor College Meet
- Member of 4×100 relay team that finished 10th at 2019 MAC Outdoor Championships
What is your favorite sports memory at Albright?
“My favorite sports memory is all the smiles and laughs that I have shared with my teammates.”
What are your post-graduate plans?
“I plan on enrolling in a physician assistant program because I want to give back to the community that helped me get to where I am today.”
What is one thing that you would like to say to current Albright track & field underclassmen/future Albright track & field student-athletes?
“The biggest obstacle you have to overcome is yourself. Determination and patience are crucial to overcome that little voice in your head telling you “I can’t” because you CAN do whatever you put your mind to.”
Why did you chose Albright/Favorite part about Albright?
“I chose Albright for the small size of the campus. I wanted to feel more like a community, and I have been able to develop a family with my classmates and teammates.”