Beginning today, July 31, and running through Aug 1, players and administrators representing Berks County and Pennsylvania are taking to the tennis courts for the ‘Court of Dreams Comeback Classic’ event from the All Iowa Lawn Tennis Club from Charles City, Iowa.
LIVE STREAMING WILL START AT 10am today, Friday, July 31. HOW TO LIVE STREAM
“Being here to direct the Court of Dreams Comeback Classic at the All Iowa Lawn Tennis Club is an honor. The Court of Dreams is truly one of the true diamonds in the United States for tennis and I couldn’t be more excited for our players, staff and all of us to represent Berks County and Pennsylvania this weekend.”- Ryan Knarr Court of Dreams Comeback Classic Series Director
- Andre Fick (Wyomissing native and D-1 Player from St. Joe’s) who is the Berks County Comeback Classic Series Champion will headline the Berks contingent in Charles City Iowa for the event July 31 and Aug 1 at the All Iowa Lawn Tennis Club.
- Court of Dreams Comeback Classic National Series Director Ryan Knarr will direct the event (quote below) as well as be playing in the doubles draw with former Ohio State 5 Star Standout Wyatt Lippert. Knarr is a 13x USTA Middle States #1 ranked doubles and mixed doubles player and former national doubles champion.
- Don Hutchison (Berks native) the play–by-play broadcaster for the Court of Dreams Comeback Classic Series is in Iowa to announce the event on the Small Player Big Play app along with Small Player Big Play app owner and Berks native Bruce Badgley.
- Latrobe PA’s Chad Kissell (ATP World #1238) will be playing in the event as a member of the Pennsylvania contingent
- Dan Trifoi (leg injury) and Kaushik Das (transportation issue) were late scratches from the Comeback Classic Series event.
Ryan Knarr will be directing the final event of the Comeback Classic Series which started as a way to bring back LIVE sports back in a safe with with Live Streamed matches on the Small Player Big Play app. Starting with an private men’s and women’s event in a secret location in Berks in June for Men’s and Women’s, followed by an entire Comeback Classic series with stops Berks County Tennis Club, the Summer in the City at Hampden Park and the King and Queen of Clay Court Championships at Orwigsburg and Kutztown respectively, the prize money events were a regional way to bring back the first tennis events on the East Coast during the pandemic.