For the past few years, many Pennsylvanians have purchased private health insurance through the Federal Marketplace (healthcare.gov).
But now, instead of healthcare.gov, Pennsylvania has a State insurance marketplace called “Pennie”. It is easy to find – the website is www.Pennie.com
Here are some important things to know about Pennie:
- The open enrollment period for getting insurance is November 1 through January 15.
- To buy insurance that starts on January 1, 2021, apply by December 15.
- If you already have used healthcare.gov, your account transferred to Pennie. There are instructions on activating your account on the Pennie website.
- Even if you are happy with the insurance you had last year, you should go to Pennie to learn about how to shop for insurance and compare your health insurance options.
- Berks Community Health Center offers free assistance with Pennie, either in person or by phone. You can get an appointment by calling (484) 772 – 4080.
- The BCHC insurance assisters can also help you apply for Medical Assistance if you qualify.
Having health insurance gives you and your family peace of mind. Based on your family size and income, you may qualify for financial help paying for insurance. Visit www.Pennie.com to learn more about Pennie!