With the announcement of new mitigation measures set forth by Pennsylvania officials that directly impact dining establishments, the Reading Downtown Improvement District Authority reaffirms our commitment to supporting local businesses by offering the following:
- For the entire length of the restrictions, beginning Saturday, December 12, to January 4th, our RDIDA communication hubs will be devoted to promoting all of our local dining options.
- In the Summer of 2020, we launched our Outdoor Dining Services. This service was a massive success and we provided several downtown businesses with free tables and chairs for the use of outdoor dining. We implore any downtown businesses looking to set up outdoor dining to contact the RDIDA and request Outdoor Dining Services.
- The dining guide at www.downtownreading.com/restaurants has been completely updated with categorized dining options in downtown Reading, as well a downtown dining map, powered by Google Maps.
- Our staff is available to provide design services to downtown businesses and restaurants. Businesses can request for design from a wide-array of marketing materials, including logos, menus, flyers, web ads, and more. See http://www.downtownreading.com/design for details.
What Can You Do to Help?
- The RDIDA encourages you to continuing supporting your local small businesses and dining establishments during this crisis. Whether it’s for food or drinks, nearly all of our downtown businesses will be offering some form of take-out or curbside pick-up. When getting take-out, please consider tipping the business.
- The Reading Distilling Guild has created a Holiday Hospitality Fund, dedicated to financially assisting those negatively affected by the restrictions.