Every 2nd Friday of the month, the West Reading shops and restaurants celebrate with “2nd Friday on the Avenue” hosted by the West Reading Community Revitalization Foundation (WRCRF).
2nd Friday on the Avenue is a time to celebrate and recognize our independent shops and locally owned restaurants! Join us Friday, February 12th. With Valentine’s Day on February 14th, retailers are offering events and promotions all weekend long.
- Muddy Creek Soap Company is celebrating their Five Year Anniversary on the Avenue Friday, February 12th.
- Fleet Feet West Reading is hosting their annual Teddy Bear Trot to Opportunity House Saturday, February 13th.
- Many of our women-owned businesses have come together to celebrate Galentine’s Day on the Avenue Saturday, February 13th. Galentine’s Day is all about ladies celebrating ladies. The origin of the unofficial holiday comes from a Parks and Recreation episode in which the main character, Leslie Knope, gathers her gal pals to celebrate with brunch, gifts, and positive vibes — no boys allowed. Galentine’s Day parties are growing in popularity, too. In 2011, 400 guests were invited to a Galentine’s Day party. By 2020, that number jumped to 124,800 — an over 31,000% increase! (source: evite.com)
- The West Reading Farmers’ Market will be open Sunday, February 14th from 10am – noon.
- Many of our restaurants are offering specials all weekend plus extended Sunday hours.
We are loading events and promotions on our Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/172087684370374
Our restaurants were pleased to welcome back indoor dining at 50% capacity last month. Stay warm + support our local business owners, many also offer outdoor heated seating, delivery and takeout! West Reading may not be 100% open for business, but we are 100% committed to serving our community.
Please wear a mask and practice social distancing, if possible. Our merchants are following guidelines in line with advice from the CDC, State and Local officials. Our small business owners value your understanding in limiting in store visits and requiring masks to protect their personal safety as well as their family. Please call ahead to make appointments for our retail shops whenever possible, especially during Holiday weekends.
We invite the public to share their 2nd Friday adventures on our social media.
Visit WRCRF’s website visitwestreading.org to learn more about our merchants, upcoming events and the Sunday Winter Farmers’ Market (next market is 2/14)!