Notice is hereby given that the City of Reading Zoning Hearing Board will conduct public hearings on Tuesday, February 16, 2021 beginning at 5:30 p.m. Due to the COVID-19 Emergency Declaration, members of the public cannot attend the meeting in person, but may attend and/or participate via Zoom or by phone.
- To join from a computer, smartphone, or tablet: open the Zoom app and enter the meeting ID (984-6073-3287) and passcode (815125); or click the following URL: https://readingpa.zoom.us/j/98460733287?pwd=dmY0a1pvSnpBL1FvQ093S09TQ1prQT09
- To join via phone: call (301) 715-8592 or (646) 558-8656, then enter the meeting ID (984-6073-3287) and passcode (815125).
Members of the public who wish to participate must register in advance with the Zoning Administrator by 4 p.m. on Friday, February 12, 2021 via email to [email protected] or via phone to (610) 655-6505.
DECISIONS ARE EXPECTED TO BE RENDERED IN THE FOLLOWING MATTERS:
- Appeal #2020-12 – 1124 Schuylkill Ave. (UPI# 19530739267209); 1119 Luzerne St. (UPI# 19530747266127).
- Appeal #2020-16 – 1403 Chester St. (UPI# 19530737063667).
HEARINGS ARE SCHEDULED TO BE HELD IN THE FOLLOWING MATTERS:
- Appeal #2020-23 – 2220 Downing Street (UPI# 15530818327035): Scott Fisher (record owner) seeks a dimensional variance from the 280 square feet maximum area allowed for accessory storage sheds in the R-1 Residential Zoning District.
- Appeal #2020-24 – 1600 Perkiomen Avenue (UPI# 16531632389122): Eladio Guillermo (record owner) seeks the Board’s approval to add two barber chairs/stations to an existing nonconforming barbershop, previously approved under Appeal #2006-30, and for relief from a condition restricting the business to two barber/salon chairs. Subject Property is located in R-3 Residential Zoning District.
- Appeal #2021-01 – 645 North 6th Street (UPI# 14530759846130): Hope Rescue Mission (record owner) seeks zoning approval to temporarily host three travel trailers at the Subject Property to accommodate emergency quarantine of homeless individuals for a period of up to six months. The Subject Property, located in the Manufacturing-Commercial (M-C) Zoning District, is the location of an existing shelter facility.
- Appeal #2021-02 – 425–459 Miltimore Street (UPI# 06530764426772, 06530764426770, 06530764427602, 06530764427527, 06530764427543, 06530772427485); Lots 1, 3, 4, 7 and 8 of Buttonwood Gateway Subdivision: Habitat for Humanity of Berks County, Inc., seeks dimensional variances for the Subject Properties in connection with proposed Buttonwood Gateway residential subdivision, located in the R-3 Residential Zoning District. Relief is requested from minimum lot area, rear yard setback, and maximum building coverage requirements.
The properties referenced above are located in the City of Reading, Berks County, Pennsylvania. Complete applications and plans may be viewed at https://www.readingpa.gov/content/zoning-hearing-board.