The Berks County Commissioners will host a Media and Public Update program on Wednesday, March 3, 2020 at 3:30 PM on Microsoft Teams Live Event. Click here to find the link to this meeting. This week’s update program will introduce and provide an overview of the new Berks County Emergency Rental Assistance Program administered by the Berks County Redevelopment Authority and the Berks Coalition to End Homelessness. The Berks County Emergency Rental Assistance Program is designed to ensure housing stability by providing rental and utility payments to landlords and utility companies to keep residents in their homes during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Applications will be accepted starting March 8 until August 30, 2021. The live program will explain how the Emergency Rental Assistance Program works, who is eligibility, what assistance is available and how to apply. This Press Event will also be streamed Live to the Berks County Facebook and YouTube pages.
Welcome – Commissioner Christian Leinbach
Comments – Commissioner Kevin Barnhardt
Comments – Commissioner Michael Rivera
Introduction of the Panel – Commissioner Rivera
- Kenneth L. Pick – Executive Director of the Berks County Redevelopment
- Jack Williams – Executive Director of the Berks Coalition to End Homelessness
The Panel will address the following questions and topics:
- What is the Berks County Emergency Rental Assistance Program and how is it funded? Why is this program important for our community, especially as we continue to face the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Program basics: Who is eligible for this program? What types of costs are covered? Is there a limit on the amount of assistance? Are there any priority categories designated?
- Application Information: How to apply; What you need to apply (email, documents, checklist); Overview of the application/website
- Who should I contact if I need assistance with my application? Is assistance available in Spanish? Is there assistance for individuals who do not have access to technology?
- Next Steps: How will I know if I am approved for the program? Who receives the money if I’m approved?
- Questions and Answers – Facilitated by Commissioner Rivera