Tower Health announced that Suzanne Wenderoth, MD, FACP, has been named Executive Vice President, CEO Physician Enterprise and Interim Chief Medical Officer for the seven-hospital system.
In addition to leading quality and safety initiatives for the system, Dr. Wenderoth will have primary responsibility for the comprehensive alignment of all physicians and providers who practice at Tower Health – both employed and independent community-based clinicians – including the Tower Health Medical Group, Tower Health Providers, facility Chief Medical Officers, and others. Dr. Wenderoth was previously Senior Vice President and Chief Clinical Officer of Tower Health Medical Group.
“Dr. Wenderoth has the background, experience and trusted relationships we need to lead the clinical reorganization and physician practice transformation initiatives that are critical to securing a bright future for Tower Health,” said P. Sue Perrotty, Interim President and CEO of Tower Health. “We are fortunate to have a trusted Tower Health leader to serve in this important position as we continue our work to secure the best possible future for our organization.”
Dr. Wenderoth brings to this new position a unique combination of strengths resulting from more than 20 years of experience as a practicing physician and healthcare executive. In addition to a maintaining an active patient-centered practice throughout her career, Dr. Wenderoth’s past positions include:
- Chief Clinical Officer – Tower Health Medical Group
- Vice President of Ambulatory and Clinical Initiatives – Reading Health System
- Medical Director, Patient Centered Medical Home, Primary Care – Reading Health System
- Medical Director, Internal Medicine Resident & Faculty Practice – Reading Hospital
- Associate Residency Program Director, Ambulatory Internal Medicine – Reading Hospital
- Associate Director, Medical Student Internal Clerkship – Department of Medicine at Joan & Sanford I. Weill Medical College of Cornell University
- Director, Quality & Patient Safety – Weill Cornell Internal Medicine Practice
“Tower Health’s hallmark of clinical excellence is a tremendous foundation on which to build as we look to the future,” Dr. Wenderoth said. “Now is a time where collaboration and a shared sense of purpose and responsibility will drive our organization forward, and I look forward to working with my fellow physicians and providers to evolve our organization and continue our long history of clinical excellence.”