The Dining with Diabetes webinar is a program for adults with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes and their families. This webinar will increase your knowledge of healthy food choices and diabetes management. The classes offer healthy meal planning tips, food demonstrations, class discussions, and guidance on being active.
Trained Extension Educators will lead discussions addressing:
- Important numbers you need to know
- Planning healthy meals
- Healthy food preparation
- Physical activity
Consecutive classes are held with a three-month follow-up. Each class offers food demonstration videos, physical activity suggestions, and discussions regarding important information to help you manage your diabetes. In addition to program related booklets, participants will receive the Dining with Diabetes cookbook and course related handouts.
This program is part of a research study and participants will be asked to complete study-related materials, should they choose to participate in the study. Participation in the study is not required to attend the class.
Scholarships and financial aid funds may be available to a qualified number of participants.
If you have been told that you have type 2 diabetes, you will want to attend this class!
- Anyone with type 2 diabetes
- Anyone at risk for developing type 2 diabetes
- Anyone who is a caretaker for someone with type 2 diabetes
- Anyone who wants to learn more about managing and preventing type 2 diabetes
- How to manage type 2 diabetes
- How to prevent type 2 diabetes
- How to prepare and plan healthy meals
- How to stay active
- Important dietary and health information for those with type 2 diabetes
Learn more and register here.