Are you planning to host or attend a party this spring? You won’t want to miss the Council on Chemical Abuse’s free, virtual event, Party with Purpose: Don’t make alcohol the focus of your party.
Scheduled for 6-8 p.m. on Wednesday, April 21 on Zoom, the event will feature fun and educational presentations and games, as well as demonstrations on how to create delicious mocktails and a nacho bar. The first 50 registrants will be mailed a swag bag with gifts and information prior to the event. All attendees will have an opportunity to win prizes by participating in games, including a trivia contest.
“We all know that the most important part of any party is friendship,” said Alicia Kline, Prevention Specialist for the Council on Chemical Abuse. “Party with Purpose will provide you with all the information you need to host a fun event without alcohol, and to protect yourself and your guests if you choose to serve alcohol.”
In addition to games, the event will include the following presentations:
- Jeff Hanley, Executive Director of the Commonwealth Prevention Alliance, will discuss alcohol policy.
- Sergeant Luz Shade of the Reading Police Department will provide information on underage drinking & hosting laws.
- Kuski Yepez & Anita Miller of the Northeast Community Springboard Coalition will offer party planning ideas including mocktails, food and no-alcohol-required party games.
- Gretchen Hagenbuch of the Caron Foundation will provide insights into binge drinking.
- Paige Carroll from the Council on Chemical Abuse will give tips on keeping guests safe when alcohol is served
Pre-registration is required. To register or learn more please visit: https://cocaberks.org/partypurpose