Summer is coming and so is the high temperatures and humidity. The Berks County Area Agency on Aging is proud to announce the opportunity for older adults who reside in Berks County, to receive a free window unit air-conditioner this summer.
‘Cooling Program’ Eligibility Guidelines:
- The recipient must be age 60 or older
- A Berks County resident
- Income limits:
- Not to exceed $2000/month for individual
- $4000/month for married individuals
- Have heart-related or breathing related issues (i.e., COPD, Bronchitis,
- You may be asked to provide a physician’s note regarding medical needs.
Contact the Berks County Area Agency on Aging, 610-478-6500 for an application. Deadline to apply for this program is June 14th. There are limited quantities available for distribution so call now to begin the application process.
Upon review and approval of the required documents, individuals will be contacted by the Area Agency on Aging to schedule an appointment to pick up the air-conditioner.
The ‘Cooling Program’ is provided by the Berks County Area Agency on Aging in partnership with Redner’s Markets, Double Tree by Hilton Hotel and Circadia.