Notice is hereby given that the City of Reading Zoning Hearing Board will conduct public hearings on Wednesday, December 8, 2021 at 5:30 p.m. in the following matters. The public may participate in these hearings virtually and via telephone. Upon request, a meeting space may be provided at City Hall, 815 Washington St., Reading PA 19601, for the public to view or participate in the hearings, subject to the following advance registration requirements.
Members of the public who wish to attend or participate in public hearings must register in advance by providing their name, address, phone number, and email address to the Zoning Administrator by 4 p.m. on Tuesday, December 7, 2021, via email to [email protected] or via phone to (610) 655-6505.
- To join from a computer, smartphone, or tablet: open the Zoom app or navigate to https://zoom.us/join, then enter the meeting ID (984-6073-3287) and passcode (815125).
- To join via phone: call (301) 715-8592 or (646) 558-8656, then enter the meeting ID (984-6073-3287) and passcode (815125).
DECISIONS WILL BE RENDERED IN THE FOLLOWING MATTERS:
- Appeal #2021-24 – 611 Chestnut St. (UPI 04530627895123)
- Appeal #2021-25 – 22 Kenhorst Blvd. (UPI 18530617210967)
- Appeal #2021-26 – 844 Centre Ave. (UPI 14530750655170)
- Appeal #2021-27 – 950 Weiser St. (UPI 15530748458643)
- Appeal #2021-28 – 154 Walnut St. (UPI 06530773611276)
- Appeal #2021-29 – 249 S. 12th St. (UPI 10531630187526)
- Appeal #2021-30 – 1500 N. 13th St. (UPI 17531730281407)
- Appeal #2021-31 – 10 S. 2nd St. (UPI 05530607690826); 4 N. 2nd St. (UPI 06530781509377)
HEARINGS WILL BE HELD IN THE FOLLOWING MATTERS:
- Appeal #2021-03 – 415 Woodward St. (UPI 07530766724821): Charles Jeffrey Charles-Pierre appeals the denial of a zoning permit to convert an existing accessory building into two residential apartments, or alternatively seeks a variance from the prohibition on residential use in accessory buildings and from off-street parking, dimensional, and associated requirements. Subject property is located in the R-3 Residential Zoning District, and the owner of record is 413–415 Woodward, LLC. [Continued from 3/10, 5/12, 6/9 & 9/8]
- Appeal #2021-32 – 227 Bartlett St. (UPI 18530659749624): Cecilia Brioso (co-owner) seeks a dimensional variance for construction of a carport which does not meet the required side yard setback. Jose and Cecilia Brioso are records owners of the property, located in the R-2 Residential Zoning District.
- Appeal #2021-33 – 1029 Buttonwood St. (UPI 11531761028506): Yeneily Basan-Belgrove (record owner) seeks a dimensional variance for construction of a surface parking lot, which does not meet minimum lot size, lot width and design and construction standards of the Zoning Ordinance, at the subject property, which is located in the R-3 Residential Zoning District.
- Appeal #2021-34 – 323 Saint Bernardine St. (UPI 18530619625456): Alvernia University (record owner) appeals the denial of a zoning permit to convert an existing single-family dwelling to an educational use (crime scene educational lab), or alternatively seeks a variance from off-street parking, sidewalk, buffer, screening, and dimensional requirements. The subject property is located in the R-2 Residential Zoning District and the Institutional Overlay District.
- Appeal #2021-35 – 216 Lancaster Ave. (UPI 18530650652289): Jose R. Gomez Corniel (record owner) seeks a special exception for the operation of a proposed auto body repair shop at the subject property, located in the C-H Commercial Highway Zoning District.
The properties referenced above are located in the City of Reading, Berks County, Pennsylvania. Complete applications and plans may be viewed at https://www.readingpa.gov/content/zoning-hearing-board or by contacting the Zoning Office.