Capital Blue Cross recently awarded nine Berks County school districts and schools $18,000 in Live Healthy School Grants.
For the past three years, Capital has supported schools looking to implement health and wellness initiatives that help students stay physically active, improve their nutrition, or provide nutrition education. In its latest round of grants, Capital Blue Cross awarded $60,000 to 33 districts or schools, and Berks schools accounted for more than a quarter of both the funds and the recipients.
Each of the county’s nine grant-winners received $2,000 toward its health and wellness initiative. The Berks recipients (listed alphabetically) are:
- Berks County Intermediate Unit
- Brandywine Heights Area School District
- Daniel Boone Area School District
- Fleetwood Area School District
- Gov. Mifflin School District
- Hamburg Area School District
- Reading-Muhlenberg Career & Technology Center
- Tulpehocken Area School District
- Wilson School District