Reading Makes Cents is comprised of a collection of fifty-three experiential activities developed around exemplary children’s literature that has money as a theme. The selected children’s literature explores ideas, activities, and strategies that help children learn how to earn, save, share, and spend money. Children’s literature provides a rich diversity of settings, people, income levels, relationships, ethnic backgrounds, cultures, religions, holidays, intergenerational friendships all related to money messages and learning.
When: Thu., Mar. 24, 2022 (6:30 PM – 8:30 PM ET)
Format: Live Online via Zoom
Who is this for?
- Early Childhood Educators
- Family Childcare Providers
- All Interested Adults
What will you learn?
- Identify activities to support financial skills and knowledge related to the history of money
- Identify activities to support financial skills and knowledge related to earning money
- Identify activities to support financial skills and knowledge related to money management
- Discover ways to use children’s literature and reading with children to support financial literacy
- Plan ways to include families in learning about financial literacy and related concepts