Closure needed for overhead bridge beam removal in Chester County.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission advises motorists that I-76 will be closed in both directions on Sunday, June 19 from 12:01 a.m. to 5 a.m. between the Morgantown Interchange, Exit 298, Berks County, and the Downingtown Interchange, Exit 312, Chester County.
The closure is necessary for the protection of motorists and workers so crews can safely remove overhead bridge beams. The bridge, which carries Park Road over the Turnpike, is at milepost 310.36 in Chester County.
Pennsylvania State Police and Turnpike personnel will be positioned at the impacted areas to assist drivers. Changeable message signs will also provide information on closures and detours. Work schedules are subject to change based on weather conditions. Motorists are encouraged to plan travel accordingly.
Take State Route 10 South (1 mile), to State Route 23 East (12.5 miles), to State Route 100 South (9 miles). Re-enter the PA Turnpike at the Downingtown Interchange, Exit 312.
Take State Route 100 North (9 miles), to State Route 23 West (12.5 miles), to State Route 10 North (1 mile). Re-enter the PA Turnpike at the Morgantown Interchange, Exit 298.
To report an accident or other emergency on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 via mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions, use one of these resources:
ON THE TURNPIKE
- 511PA Smartphone App: real-time, hands-free PA traffic advisories
- Digital Message Signs: more than 100 boards along the Turnpike
ON THE WEB
- 511/511pa.com: live, interactive map
- Twitter: @PATurnpikeAlert
- 511: dial from any PA roadway for local travel information
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Customer Assistance Center: 877-736-6727, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.