Eight Tower Health physicians and residents were recognized at the 27th Annual Golden Apple Awards by the Drexel University College of Medicine (DUCOM) student body. The annual Golden Apple Awards recognize outstanding service and teaching by Drexel University College of Medicine faculty and professional staff.
Each year, the medical students celebrate and recognize those individuals who dedicate their work to the success of the student body. Students nominate and vote on faculty, residents, and non-faculty members who have demonstrate excellence in teaching, facilitating learning, and helping promote a positive environment.
“I congratulate all of this year’s winners and nominees,” said Wei Du, MD, Senior Vice President, Academic Affairs, Chief Academic Officer, and Designated Institutional Official at Tower Health. “These faculty, learning facilitators, and staff members continue to show a commitment to students and deserve to be honored for their excellence in teaching and dedication to medical education. They go to great lengths to teach, mentor, and serve students inside and outside of the classroom and ensure that the physicians of tomorrow are prepared to provide high-quality healthcare to their patients.”
Attending Winners include:
- David B. Cooperberg, MD, Pediatrics, St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children
- David Matson, DO, Chair, Department of Anesthesiology, Reading Hospital
- Erica Poletto, MD, Pediatric Radiology, St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children
- Joshua Zaritsky, MD, Pediatric Nephrology, St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children
- Eduardo Espiridion, MD, Chair, Department of Psychiatry, Reading Hospital
Resident Winners include:
- Christian Hochhalter, MD, Pediatrics, St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children
- Usama Nasir, MD, Internal Medicine, Reading Hospital
- Priva Vyas, MD, Pediatrics, St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children