Home Food Preservation: Jams and Jellies will explain the scientific reasoning behind today’s recommended methods for making and processing jam and jelly while dispelling food preservation myths and unsafe practices of the past.
When: Wed., Jul. 6, 2022 (1:00 PM – 2:30 PM ET)
Format: Live Online via Zoom
Who is this for?
New and experienced home food preservers
What will you learn?
- The basics of water bath and atmospheric steam canning for processing jam and jelly
- Techniques for making cooked and freezer jam and jelly
- The various types of pectin products and their use for a proper set
- The essential nature of various ingredients to a quality product
- Recipes for reduced sugar and no sugar added jam and jelly
- How to troubleshoot problems
The Home Food Preservation series will provide you with the scientific background, preparation tips, and safe processing methods to preserve food at home.