The Greater Governor Mifflin League (GGML) was founded in 1976 as non-profit organization devoted to giving back to the community. In every year since, the GGML has presented a unique community fair featuring food, games, rides, and some of the best regional entertainment, including a spectacular “One-of-a-Kind” Fireworks finale which will culminate this year on Saturday, July 9th. Its main goal has been to return proceeds from the fair back into the community in the form of contributions to local fire companies, ambulance associations, scout troops, school projects, community projects, and scholarships, just to name a few. In our history, the GGML has given over $500,000 back to the Governor Mifflin community.
This year’s Community Days will be held from Monday July 4th – Saturday July 9th and has two presenting sponsors – Seidel Auto Group and M&T Bank. The Greater Governor Mifflin League prides itself on presenting the best Free Entertainment in Berks with national acts and well-known regional bands as well as its Spectacular Fireworks Display to conclude the festival each year on Saturday night. This year’s schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday July 5 – Meet & Greet with retired Philadelphia Phillies All-Star & Olympic Gold Medalist Mickey Morandini, Jersey legends The Sensational Soul Cruisers, Pound Fitness by Full Throttle Fitness Factory, Wacky Patti Balloons and Fun, and Special $25.00 Bracelet Ride Price with Penn Valley Shows.
- Wednesday July 6 – Double Trouble with Jeff Krick Sr. and Jeff Krick, Jr. ft. The Essential Elvis Tribute Band, Troupe Hayati Belly Dancers, Wacky Patti Balloons and Fun, plus Character Night ft. Slapshot from The Reading Royals and Chip from Zoo Much Fun.
- Thursday July 7 – Burning House 30th Anniversary Reunion Show ft. 15 former members, Singer/Songwriter Katelyn Christine, Berks County Harley Owners Group, and Special $25.00 Bracelet Ride Price with Penn Valley Shows.
- Friday July 8 – Country night with The Jess Zimmerman Band, Female All-American Review The Belle Tones, and the 9th Annual Car Cruise.
- Saturday July 9 – Berks County’s #1 Spectacular Fireworks Display, 80’s Band Sloth Love Chunk, and The Wyomissing Band.
Community Days also has a large raffle drawing on Saturday night, as well as nightly 50/50 Raffle and nightly Pick-a-Prize Auction.
Our Main Presenting Sponsors -Seidel Auto Group & M&T Bank
For more information, contact Erich Cawalla at (610) 781-8312 or e-mail [email protected].