The Berks County Parks & Recreation Department will host a night of unique fall experiences at the Berks County Heritage Center on Friday, October 7, from 5:30 – 8:00 p.m. This is an event that only happens once a year, so you don’t want to miss out!
Enjoy a nighttime view of our beautiful park while learning more about the history of Berks County and our natural world. Oh, and have a little Halloween-themed fun while you’re here! The whole event is family-friendly.
- TOUR the Gruber Wagon Works after hours and enjoy the National Historic Landmark building by lantern light. Tours will start every half hour.
- Take a GUIDED HIKE down the Union Canal Trail and meet characters and creatures of the Tulpehocken Creek Valley.
- Take a HAYRIDE out to Deppen Cemetery.
- Sit in on a READING of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow at the historic Epler Schoolhouse.
- Stay warm around a FIRE PIT and watch the stars come out.
This program is $7/person and REQUIRES registration!
Call or email now to make sure you get a spot.
For more information on this program or to register, contact Historic Resource Supervisor Dan Roe at [email protected] or (610) 374-8839 ex. 201. The Berks County Heritage Center is located at 1102 Red Bridge Road, Reading PA 19605. This program is presented by the Berks County Parks & Recreation Department.