Free, live Zoom classes focus on festive ideas for families and chefs of all ages this November and December
With the holiday season quickly approaching, The GIANT Company’s team of dietitians is back with a full schedule of festive, free, live classes via Zoom for families and chefs of all ages this November and December.
“From the hustle and bustle of holiday gatherings to relaxing nights by the fire, let The GIANT Company dietitians inspire you with just the right nosh for any type of celebration,” said Kilene Knitter, MS, RD, LDN, dietitian with The GIANT Company. “From holiday boards to impress your guests, to cooking with your mini chefs, there’s plenty of fun to be had together in the kitchen and around the table this time of the year.”
Here’s a peek of The GIANT Company’s dietitian classes to check out this holiday season:
- Holiday Produce – Explore seasonal produce and all it has to offer your holiday table every Monday at 12 p.m. These merry and bright recipes, like grape and goat cheese crostinis, cranberry brie bites, and holly jolly pom salsa are sure to become annual favorites.
- Wellness Workshops – Every Monday at 7 p.m. in November, join The GIANT Company’s dietitians to learn the basics on how to achieve your blood sugar goals in honor of American Diabetes Month. In December, it’s all about self-care, with weekly reminders to take care of yourself this holiday season.
- Family Meals at 5 – Get through the busy season with quick and delicious meals in under 30 minutes every Tuesday at 5 p.m. Meals like vegetable cous cous with Moroccan pesto as a nod to Kwanzaa, Hanukkah-inspired mini latkes with toppings, and hoisin chicken meatballs with peanut noodle sauce are sure to keep your loved ones full and energized all season long.
- Build a Board – Learn how to create delicious and gorgeous holiday boards Thursdays at 12 p.m. in November and Tuesdays at 12 p.m. in December. Themed boards, such as Thanksgiving Breakfast Board or Mini Board for Santa & Reindeer are sure to be an instant hit during the season’s many fun-filled get-togethers!
- Better for You Baking – Join The GIANT Company dietitians in the kitchen for some festive baking with seasonal flare. Celebrate pie season by creating holiday maple sweetened pecan pie, mini purple sweet potato pies, and gingerbread pudding cake with spiced whipped cream Wednesdays at 10 a.m. in November and Thursdays at 12 p.m. in December.
- Mini Chef Mornings – Start your weekend mornings with festive fun for the kids and create snacks based upon seasonal books in November and holiday movie classics in December on select Saturdays at 10 a.m. From pumpkin pie parfait cups and turkey toast to Grinch blossom cookies and Polar Express frozen hot chocolate, there’s something for chefs of all ages.
All classes are free to attend, but advanced registration is required for each class at thegiantcompanynutritionists.eventbrite.com. A complete listing of all The GIANT Company virtual classes and ingredients needed for each class are also available on the event page. In addition, customers can earn 50 CHOICE Rewards points when they register, provide their card number, and attend the entire class.