Family-to-Family is a free 8-session course that offers insight into the impact mental health conditions have on the entire family. The curriculum helps you as a family member learn a wide range of biomedical information and understand how these conditions affect your loved one. It combats stigma and promotes healing. You will improve your self-care and communication skills, learn problem-solving techniques and how to better advocate for your family member.
The group setting of NAMI Family-to-Family provides mutual support and shared positive impact—experience compassion and reinforcement from people who understand your situation. Sharing your own experience may help others in your class. In the program, you’ll learn about:
- How to solve problems and communicate effectively
- Taking care of yourself and managing your stress
- Supporting your loved one with compassion
- Finding and using local supports and services
- Up-to-date information on mental health conditions and how they affect the brain
- How to handle a crisis
- Current treatments and therapies
- The impact of mental health conditions on the entire family
Classes are Monday, February 6th 2023 to March 27th 2023, 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM (8 classes-meets weekly every Monday) at 30 Liberty Street, Shillington, PA 19607.
Register here: https://namiberkspa.org/family-to-family-class-registration/