Berks Area Regional Transportation Authority (BARTA) will offer a FREE RIDE DAY on Wednesday, May 3, 2023, thanking its customers for riding its bus service. The free ride day is part of a statewide Rider Appreciation initiative developed in coordination with the Pennsylvania Public Transportation Association (PPTA) and transit agencies across the Commonwealth. Many transit agencies are offering customers complimentary rides on Wednesday as a show of appreciation for their continued ridership. The coordinated effort is planned to reward and highlight public transit in PA communities.
“Our passengers mean the world to us and are why we do what we do!” stated Greg Downing, SCTA’s Executive Director that oversees BARTA. “Getting the opportunity to show our appreciation for their support and patronage on this day and in this way, is a small effort to say ‘thank you for riding BARTA and using public transit!’”
BARTA offers 19 bus routes throughout BerksCounty and averages over 1.8 million trips annually.
“Public transportation is essential to Pennsylvania’s continued prosperity. Whether it’s work, school, medical needs, or recreation, our riders recognize that transit takes them there. Their continued ridership and support of transit is appreciated,” Robert J. Fiume, Board Chairman of PPTA said. Robert Fiume is also the Executive Director of Luzerne County Transportation Authority, Luzerne, PA. PPTA is a state-wide, non-profit trade association representing and advocating on behalf of public transportation providers and the communities they serve.
Pennsylvania Transit Systems participating in the Rider Appreciation Free Ride Day.
- Amtran, Altoona, PA
- Berks Area Regional Transportation Authority (BARTA), Reading, PA
- Butler Transit Authority, Butler, PA
- CamTran, Johnstown, PA
- Capital Area Transit Authority, Harrisburg, PA
- Erie Metropolitan Transit Authority, Erie, PA
- Freedom Transit, Washington County, PA
- Lebanon Transit, Lebanon, PA
- Luzerne County Transportation Authority, Luzerne County
- Monroe County Transit Authority, Monroe County, PA
- New Castle Area Transit Authority, New Castle, PA
- Rabbittransit, York, PA
- Red Rose Transit Authority, (RRTA) Lancaster, PA
- River Valley Transit Authority, Williamsport, PA
- TransNet, Montgomery County, PA
For more information about BARTA’s bus service and the Free Ride Day, please visit www.bartabus.com or call 610-921-0601.