The Blue Marsh Reservoir is a vital resource for reducing flood risk, providing recreational opportunities, and supporting water supply needs for our region. Congresswoman Madeleine Dean, the Delaware River Basin Commission, and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will host a roundtable to dive deeper into water management and infrastructure—and how local, state, and federal partnerships can work together.
WHEN: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 3:00 – 3:45 PM
WHERE: Blue Marsh Lake Visitor’s Center, 1268 Palisades Drive, Leesport, PA 19533
- Congresswoman Madeleine Dean (PA-04)
- Steve Tambini, Executive Director, Delaware River Basin Commission
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- State Rep. Johanny Cepeda-Freyitz
- State Rep. Manuel Guzman
- Elaine Paul Schaefer, Executive Director, Schuylkill River Greenways
- Tim Fenchel, Deputy Director, Schuylkill River Greenways
- Chip Bilger, Executive Director, Western Berks Water Authority
- Cathy Wegener, Director, Berks County Parks and Recreation
- Brendan Lederer, Assistant Director, Berks County Parks and Recreation
Rep. Madeleine Dean is a mother, grandmother, attorney, professor, former four-term member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives, and U.S. Representative for the Fourth District of Pennsylvania.