The LGBT Center of Greater Reading is excited to announce information regarding our expansion to include new programming, services, events and space!
We continue to grow and evolve to meet the needs of the community. Upon the addition of providing free counseling services to the LGBTQIA+ community, we were able to acquire additional space at Nativity Lutheran Church. We’ve added another room to our lease which will enable us to have a substantial food pantry onsite!! We’ll be hosting a food drive shortly – stay tuned for details on how you can help.
New programming & services include:
- Support Group for Parents/Guardians of LGBTQIA+ Youth.
- Partnership with Planned Parenthood to provide broadband access for Telehealth services.
- Free Professional Counseling for the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Expanded Professional Development Training.
- Partnership with Reading Metro Taxi to provide transportation services, to and from the LGBT Center, to those with barriers to access.
- Scholarship Program for teens 2021.
- Partnership with Olivet Boys & Girls club – Outdoor Movie Series. Also includes partnership with BTM, Bethany Children’s Home and Reading Pride Celebration.
- Expanded food pantry.
These are just a few of the things we are working on!
We also have several events happening throughout the month of October. Please follow us on Facebook, and check out our website www.lgbtcenterofreading.comto stay up to date with news and events, and contact us via email with any questions. [email protected]