Citizenship class is held at the Langan Allied Health Academy, Penn State Health-St. Joseph 145 North 6th Street, Reading, PA 19601.
Classes will be held from 9:00 to Noon each day
Spring Series: May 6, 13, 20 and 27, 2017
Registration for Citizenship Classes is required. Participants will be asked to fill out registration forms when they come to class. Each class consists of four consecutive sessions. Students are encouraged to attend every session.
INFORMATION COVERED IN CLASSES:
• The process, fees, and application for citizenship (including information about the N-400 form, fingerprinting, and photographs for USCIS)
• Basic American history and government needed for the USCIS interview, using the 100 standard questions and answers used in the USCIS interview
• A video of USCIS interviews, showing what is expected of the applicant in reading, writing, understanding, and speaking English for the USCIS interview
• Location of the Naturalization ceremony
ELIGIBILITY FOR CITIZENSHIP
1. Applicant must be at least 18 years old;
2. Applicant must have been a lawful permanent resident of the United States for a continuous five-year period;
3. Applicant must be able to read, write, and speak basic English;
4. Applicant must have knowledge of U.S. history and government; and
5. Applicant must be a person of good moral character—for example, one who has paid his/her taxes and has not been convicted of a serious crime.
To register, call the Literacy Council at 610.670.9960