Reading, PA – The best back to school supply is a new furry friend! With this being the busiest time of the year for the shelter, The Humane Society of Berks County will be offering a Fee Free Adoption Event at the shelter from Friday August 30, 2019 through Sunday, September 1, 2019.
- The Humane Society of Berks County has received a total of 140 animals so far in August 2019.
- The Humane Society of Berks County has adopted out a total of 663 animals so far this year.
During the free adoption event, adopters wishing to save the life of any adoptable animal must go through the same diligent adoption screening process as any other adopter. Once approved, the adoption fee is waived.
Waived Adoption Fees Include:
- Humane Pennsylvania’s Thirty Day Adoption Health Supplement
- Spaying or Neutering (prior to adoption)
- Vaccinations (including current rabies vaccination) and de-worming medication
- Flea Treatment
- Microchipping and chip registration
- A free 1 lb. bag of Science Diet Pet Food. Science Diet partners with Humane Pennsylvania to provide great nutrition to all animals in our shelters
“With this typically being the busiest time of year for our shelters and having an increased need to find great homes for the animals (particularly cats) currently in our care, we are happy to offer this Fee Free Adoption Event” states Damon March, Chief Operating Officer of Humane Pennsylvania.
This free adoption event provides families with the ability to welcome a new furry friend into their home without needing to pay the standard adoption fee. Throughout the event, families can view, select, and meet-and-greet with any animal they’d like, that are available for adoption.
Please note that due to a typical overwhelming response to our free adoption events, wait times during the adoption process take longer than usual. We appreciate the public’s cooperation.
Friday, Saturday, Sunday 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
We encourage you to cover this free adoption event at The Humane Society of Berks County, running through Friday, August 30, 2019 through Sunday, September 1, 2019. The Humane Society of Berks County is located at 1801 N. 11th Street in Reading, PA 19604.
To view the available animals for adoption, visit humanepa.org/adoption or meet them at the shelter, in-person, during operating hours. For more information about the free adoption event, please call 610-921-2348 or email: [email protected]org.