Reading, PA — The Berks County Commissioners will host their Weekly Media and Public Update on Wednesday, September 9, 2020 at 3:30PM on Microsoft Teams Live Event.
Click here to find the link to this meeting. This week’s update will focus on the County’s Contact Tracing program, addressing common misconceptions and highlighting the program’s importance in the continued battle against the COVID-19 pandemic. Co County Wellness Services manages the contact tracing program, which is voluntary, confidential and culturally appropriate. The Commissioners will also provide updates on the 2020 Census and the Berks County Small Business New Start Grant program. The Press Event will also be streamed Live to the Berks County Facebook. A video of the update will also be posted on the Berks County YouTube channel and BCTV.
Welcome – Commissioner Christian Leinbach
Comments – Commissioner Michael Rivera – Berks County Small Business New Start Grant program application portal opens Thursday, Sept. 10.
Comments – Commissioner Kevin Barnhardt – Update on Census 2020 – only three weeks left
Introductions of the Panel – Commissioner Barnhardt
• Carolyn M. Bazik, MBA – Executive Director, Co County Wellness Services
• Barbara Waller – Deputy Director, Co County Wellness Services
• Brian Gottshall – Director, County of Berks Department of Emergency Services
The Panel will address the following questions and topics:
1) Overview of the contact tracing program – Background of the program and its main purpose. How does it work – what is the process someone should expect when contacted by a contact tracer?
2) What is the process someone should expect when contacted by a contact tracer? How can someone identify a genuine contact tracing call from a scammer?
3) Why is contact tracing important during the COVID-19 pandemic?
4) What are some misconceptions about contact tracing that should be addressed? What other issues have the local contact tracers experienced since the program began?
5) Are there any updates about the contact tracing app that the state department of health will be launching?
6) Question and Answers – Facilitated by Commissioner Barnhardt