It’s More Than a Bump on the Head will discuss what traumatic brain injury is, how to reduce the risk of head injuries, and the long-term impacts traumatic brain injuries can have. Early learning practitioners will also learn about accommodating a child in group care who has sustained a brain injury.
When: Thu., Mar. 31, 2022 (6:30 PM – 8:30 PM ET)
Format: Live Online via Zoom
Who is this for?
- Early Childhood Educators
- Family Childcare Providers
- All Interested Adults
What will you learn?
- Become aware of how a traumatic brain injury is defined
- Be aware of the causes of traumatic brain injury
- Understand how brain injury is classified
- Understand why there is a risk for a second brain injury after the first and the subsequent impact on brain functioning
- Understand what happens when the brain is injured
- Understand the functions of the different lobes of the brain
- Be aware of the most common physical, emotional, and cognitive problems after a brain injury
- Long-term challenges