Just over 6% of the water samples submitted to Penn State’s Laboratory for arsenic testing exceed the EPA’s health standard. This is an alarming number because numerous human health impacts have been linked to chronic arsenic ingestion. Water Webinar Series: Arsenic in Drinking Water will discuss the statewide prevalence of arsenic, human-caused and natural sources of this drinking water contaminant, established health risks, and residential scale treatment options.
When: Wed., Jul. 20, 2022 (1:00 PM – 2:00 PM ET)
Format: Live Online via Zoom
Who is this for?
- Anyone who gets their drinking water from a private well, spring, or cistern
- Those interested in learning more about Pennsylvania’s water supply
What will you learn?
- The statewide prevalence of arsenic, human-caused and natural sources of this drinking water contaminant
- Established health risks of arsenic
- Residential treatment options for arsenic in drinking water
About the Series
The Water Webinar Series is hosted by the Penn State Extension Water Resources team. Learn about a variety of private water topics such as common health and aesthetic impacts on drinking water supplies, preventing bacteria contamination, well construction, and septic systems. Each event will include an interactive Q&A session with the presenters!
This event is being offered at no charge to participants. Registration is required to receive the link to access the webinar. Registrants will also receive access to the webinar recording.
Registration Deadline: July 20, 2022 1:00 PM