Get a head start on your spring cleaning and support individuals transitioning from the corrections system back into the local workforce!
Be Bold Take Charge, a social entrepreneurship initiative in Reading, is hosting this clothing drive in partnership with BCPS and Goodwill Keystone Area.
Donations are being accepted until April 12th at the following Goodwill locations: Morgantown, Muhlenberg, Robesonia, Shillington, or St. Lawrence.
While all donations are welcome, Be Bold Take Charge’s focus is interview appropriate attire, including dress shirts, polos, khakis, skirts, blouses, and blazers. Be sure to mention the “Be Bold Take Charge” drive when dropping off items.
Donations are also being accepted at the following locations where clothing can be placed in marked donation bins:
- Exeter Township Target – 4599 Perkiomen Ave, Reading, PA 19606
- Signature Collision – 633 Lancaster Ave, Reading, PA 19611
- Exeter Community Library – 4565 Prestwick Dr., Reading, PA 19606
- Wyomissing Restaurant & Bakery – 1245 Penn Ave, Wyomissing, PA, 19610
- Shillington Farmers Market – 10 S Summit Ave, Shillington, PA 19607
- PSU Berks – Gaige Building– 1801 Broadcasting Rd, Reading PA 19610
- Pier 1 – 1040 Berkshire Blvd, Reading, PA 19610
- Goggle Works – 201 Washington St, Reading, PA 19601
If you wish to receive a receipt for tax purposes, please utilize one of the Goodwill Store locations to drop off your donations.
According to the volume of clothing donated, Goodwill will provide gift cards that clients of BCPS can then use to purchase the work attire in stores. These gift cards give job seekers the purchasing power and confidence to buy clothes that best work for them!
Interested in contributing but don’t have clothing to donate? Assist with returning job-seekers’ public transportation costs by donating on our website.