We are continuing our Do It Local Member Missions this summer with a Childrens’ Book Share collaboration program with Teachers in the Parks! Our community is invited to get involved in these 3 simple ways!!
1. Donate old (or new) Childrens’ Books in our boxes that are popping up around town at local business partners! You will find our first round of boxes at:
- Weaver’s Orchard in Mohnton off rt 10 www.weaversorchard.com
- Thanx Hair Artistry in Exeter on Perkiomen Ave (same shopping center as Spine & Wellness Center) https://thanxhair.com/
- So Good Soups in the Shillington Farmers Market https://www.facebook.com/Sogoodsoups/
- So Good Soups in the Fairgrounds Farmers Market
- Skin Sanctuary Spa in West Lawn www.myskinsanctuaryspa.com
- Hay Creek Snack Shack in Birdsboro https://www.facebook.com/HayCreekSnackShack/
- Auntie Anne’s Pretzels in Elverson Walmart https://www.facebook.com/auntieannesmorgantownpa/
*of course, we welcome more donation locations! Email [email protected] to register your business & request some book postcards! Click HERE to download the printable Local Business Book Signs!
2. Pick up a FREE Book for your child at any of the locations above anytime throughout the summer! Inside each book you will see these instructions to post a picture of the book in our Facebook Group “Berks County Readers – FREE Books” so that families can watch their favorite stories travel the county and spread smiles.
3. Set up your own collection of books with your church, employer, or other organization that would love to circulate childrens’ books to encourage summer reading! Email [email protected] to register your location & receive postcards! Click HERE to download the printable flyer.
This program is a collaboration of Teachers in the Parks and Do It Local Fundraising. As a thank you for encouraging summer reading and donating books – each family will be given a Free Do It Local Fundraising mobile coupon app membership code to redeem online. ($15 value). With over $3000 in savings at locally owned businesses , our Do It Local App is saving our members thousands of dollars while also promoting buying local! Win-Win-Win! (As a bonus United Artists is giving away a totally free 30 minute massage for all Do It Local App members through August 30ther, 2019 ($45 value)!)
More about Teachers in the Parks: Teachers in the Parks (TIPS) was also started right here in Berks County by Matthew Hathaway, an Exeter School District Elementary School Teacher. TIPS offers students fun yet focused, quality but affordable, summer learning in math, math challenge, and reading. Experienced teachers designed this program to help students transition between grade levels. Research shows that students lose a tremendous amount of reading and math skill over the summer months without continued practice and acquisition of new skills. Our program is specifically designed to bridge the summer gap between grade levels so that our students start the new year with academic and social confidence. www.teachersintheparks.com
More about Do It Local Fundraising: Do It Local Fundraising was started right here in Berks County by Heather & Patrick Brady 2 years ago. It is a movement that localizes, modernizes, and customizes the old national coupon book fundraisers. The Do It Local mobile coupon App features locally owned businesses. Because we are digital, we can change deals throughout the year keeping the content fresh and exciting! We also add new deals monthly and include a category full of free offers for our members. Our app is a free download in the app store, but it does require a log in to access the deals. To register a log in, you can get a prepaid (free) code from a charity partner (Like Teachers in the Parks as a thank you for donating a used book) or purchase a membership online to donate to a local charity partner of your choice: https://berks.doitlocalfundraising.com
SAVE THE DATE: Wednesday July 24th – Teachers in the Parks and Do It Local Fundraising will be at Weaver’s Orchard distributing FREE books to all children attending Story Time! Of course, you can help yourself to books any day at Weaver’s! We will make sure we are stocked with books geared for our young readers!
Weaver’s Orchard’s Read ‘N Pick Story Time!
40 Fruit Ln, Morgantown, Pennsylvania 19543
Every Monday and Wednesday morning starting at 9:30, 10:30 & 11:30 AM.