Reading, PA — The Berks County Commissioners will host their Weekly Media and Public Update on Wednesday, January 13, 2020 at 3:30 PM on Microsoft Teams Live Event. Click here to find the link to this meeting. This week’s update will feature a presentation on the Berks County Department of Emergency Services’ COVID-19 Mid-Action Review. The Commissioners will be joined by Brian Gottschall, Director of Emergency Services, and Matthew Stairiker, Assistant Director for Emergency Management.
The Mid-Action Review provides a retrospective on the community’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic thus far to evaluate the current situation, highlight what was done well and identify areas of improvement. As part of the review, the Department of Emergency Services conducted a survey of community stakeholders for their feedback and received about 140 responses. The Mid-Action Review is available on the County Updates page of the Do Your Part Berks website. This Press Event will also be streamed Live to the Berks County Facebook and YouTube pages, will air live on BCTV and stream live at bctv.org.
Welcome – Commissioner Christian Leinbach
Comments – Commissioner Kevin Barnhardt
Comments – Commissioner Michael Rivera
Introduction of the Presentation/Panel – Commissioner Leinbach
• Brian Gottschall – Director of Emergency Services
• Matthew Stairiker – Assistant Director of Emergency Management
The presentation on the findings of the Mid-Action Review will include:
1) Explanation of the intended purpose of the MAR and how it was conducted
2) Timeline of the impact of and response to COVID-19 in Berks and Pennsylvania
3) Actions taken by various stakeholders to address the COVID-19 threat
4) Review of the County’s public outreach to share information, including the effectiveness of the County’s web presence and the COVID Resource Center hotline.
5) Highlights from the survey responses collected from community stakeholders: County Departments, EMS, Police, Fire Departments, Short/Long Term Care Facilities, Non-Profits, Acute Care Hospitals, and Educational Institutions.
6) Opportunities for improvement: Short Term and Long Term
Questions and Answers – Facilitated by Commissioner Leinbach