On Monday, Jan. 29, Comcast announced it is continuing to expand its Xfinity 10G Network in Berks County, delivering its full suite of Xfinity and Comcast Business services to more than 2,000 additional residents and businesses in Birdsboro, PA in Berks County. Significant progress has been made in other parts of Berks County, with new customers already enjoying Xfinity services in Amity, Exeter, and St. Lawrence.
“We are committed to investing in and expanding our network to ensure that more residents and businesses in Pennsylvania have the connectivity they need to succeed,” said Dan Bonelli, Senior Vice President of Comcast’s Freedom Region, which serves these areas as well as Southeastern Pennsylvania. “We are proud to provide more Berks County residents with fast, secure, and reliable Internet services that are built to meet the community’s needs today and into the future.”
Construction is underway in Birdsboro and planned to continue throughout 2024. Residents and businesses can visit Xfinity.com/MyTown/ and enter their address for additional details on construction timing and upcoming service availability. They can also stop by our Xfinity Store in Pottstown, located at 310 Upland Square Dr., to check on service availability. Experts at the Xfinity Store can also help with product demonstrations, answer any questions consumers may have, and help local businesses schedule an informational meeting with the Comcast Business sales team.
Residents will have access to Xfinity’s full suite of Internet products, including the company’s Internet Essentials program that provides low-cost, high-speed broadband for income constrained households.
This expansion is part of Comcast’s latest investments in Pennsylvania. In the last several years, Comcast has expanded its Xfinity 10G Network to reach more than 315,000 additional homes and businesses throughout the Commonwealth. To learn more about Comcast’s commitment and contribution to bringing Internet access to all Americans, especially residents and businesses in underserved and unserved locations, visit ComcastCorporation.com/broadband-partnerships.
Powered by the Xfinity 10G Network
Comcast’s Xfinity 10G Network and Internet experience are powering homes today and into the future:
- Ultimate Capacity: Xfinity customers connect more than 1 billion devices across the company’s network annually. The Xfinity 10G Network with the next-generation Xfinity gateways deliver the most advanced WiFi technology carrying three times more bandwidth to power streaming, gaming, videoconferencing, and more, simultaneously.
- Fastest Internet: More than a third of Xfinity Internet customers subscribe to gigabit speed products. Recently, Comcast connected the first customers in the world to a DOCSIS 4.0 connection, delivering symmetrical gig speeds over existing connections in customers’ homes with plans to continue to rollout these speeds across the country over the coming years.
- Unprecedented Coverage: The latest Xfinity Gateway provides a more reliable connection throughout the home. Customers can get wall-to-wall WiFi coverage with a powerful WiFi Boost Pod that extends coverage to hard-to-reach areas of the home.
- Most Reliable Connection: Comcast is scaling the nation’s largest and most reliable network – the Xfinity 10G Network – that passes 62 million homes and business and counting. The company launched Storm-Ready WiFi, a new device that comes powered with cellular and battery backup to help keep customers connected even when the power goes out.
- Ultra-Low Latency: The Xfinity 10G Network and the latest Xfinity Gateway are a powerful combination that deliver ultra-low latency for those moments when response times matter most like video games, a fast-growing category with Xfinity households averaging more than one gaming console per home.
For local businesses, Comcast Business offers a suite of connectivity, communications, networking, cybersecurity, wireless, and managed solutions to help organizations of different sizes prepare for what’s next. Powered by the nation’s largest Gig-speed broadband network, and backed by 24/7 customer support, Comcast Business is the nation’s largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and one of the leading service providers to the Enterprise market. Comcast Business has been consistently recognized by industry analysts and associations as a leader and innovator, and one of the fastest growing providers of Ethernet services.
Since 2020, Comcast has provided more than $144 million in cash and in-kind charitable contributions to support organizations across Pennsylvania. The company has also installed 190 Lift Zones in the state, providing free WiFi service to help these community centers promote digital learning. Lift Zones are part of Project UP, Comcast’s comprehensive $1 billion commitment to help build a future of unlimited possibilities and the continuation of the company’s long history of giving back to communities where it provides service and where its employees live and work.
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA) is a global media and technology company. From the connectivity and platforms we provide, to the content and experiences we create, our businesses reach hundreds of millions of customers, viewers, and guests worldwide. We deliver world-class broadband, wireless, and video through Xfinity, Comcast Business, and Sky; produce, distribute, and stream leading entertainment, sports, and news through brands, including NBC, Telemundo, Universal, Peacock, and Sky; and bring incredible theme parks and attractions to life through Universal Destinations & Experiences. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.